[Computer-go] Using GPUs?

Darren Cook darren at dcook.org
Thu Jun 25 10:18:10 PDT 2015

I wondered if any of the current go programs are using GPUs.

If yes, what is good to look for in a GPU? Links to essential reading on
this topic would be welcome. (*)

If not, is there some hardware breakthrough being waited for, or some
algorithmic one?

Darren

*: After many years of being happy with built-in graphics, I'm now
thinking to get a "gaming" PC, to show off some WebGL data
visualizations. Assuming the cost is in the same ballpark, I thought I'd
get one that would allow some scientific computing experiments too.