[Computer-go] CGT endgame solver

Josef Moudrik j.moudrik at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 09:06:33 PDT 2015

Hello!
As far as I know, combinatorial game theory is not used in modern Go
engines, despite its nice theoretical properties. I have been wondering why
this is so. Or am I mistaken and some engines do use it? In general, I only
know about Martin Mueller's Explorer program, which is however slightly
dated :-). Are there some other solvers?

I imagine it would be fairly easy to swap from MCTS to a CGT solver once it
could be applied.. Or is this not interesting for some reason?

Regards,
Josef