[Computer-go] Debugging Orego/KGS: "Unknown message type -105"

Peter Drake drake at lclark.edu
Thu Feb 26 12:45:05 PST 2015

I've finally gotten around to trying to address the issue that Orego faced
in the December tournament. As you may recall, every time Orego played
black (except the first time), it immediately passed.

Looking at the kgsGTP log, I see some strange things. At the beginning of
every game, this happens:

FINEST: Command queued for sending to engine: time_settings 540 30 10

Dec 07, 2014 8:39:00 AM com.gokgs.client.gtp.a l

WARNING: Opponent has left game. Will give them 5 minutes to return.

Unknown message type -105 for channel org.igoweb.igoweb.client.gtp.c at cd3509c

Dec 07, 2014 8:39:00 AM com.gokgs.client.gtp.GtpClient d

FINEST: Got successful response to command "boardsize 13": =

Dec 07, 2014 8:39:00 AM com.gokgs.client.gtp.GtpClient d

Does anyone know what this means? Why does the opponent leave? What is the
"unknown message type -105"?

--
Peter Drake
https://sites.google.com/a/lclark.edu/drake/