[Computer-go] Go AI

Petr Baudis pasky at ucw.cz
Thu Feb 26 01:39:49 PST 2015

  Hi!

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 08:06:51PM +0900, Hideki Kato wrote:
> Hm, there are no 'Zen' in the article, although Zen beat Takemiya 9p
> with 4 stones handicap in 2012, one year earlier than CrazyStone.

  To be fair, it is mentioned on the slides, though.

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 01:37:14PM +0100, Erik van der Werf wrote:
> Well, at least Zen is on some slides in the presentation. Steenvreter
> is not mentioned at all even though on 9x9 it won the Olymiad ahead of
> Mogo and CrazyStone, and beat various Dutch top players (6d & 7d).
> Until 2013 CrazyStone never won a single game against Steenvreter...

  I think _the_ resource people usually use is

	http://computer-go.info/h-c/index.html

where I see no mention of Steenvreter, it might be a good idea to let
Nick Wedd know if you want the matches against humans included in the
history of Computer Go. :)

  I understand the frustration (after all, it would be nice to tell the
audience about some strong open source programs too!), but let's realize
that turning a popular Computer Go presentation to an address book style
exhaustive listing of results or even (strong) programs probably
wouldn't work well.

  IMHO one of the best way to improve public perception of Computer Go
and set right any omissions is improving the

	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_Go

Wikipedia article which has been in a pretty bad shape for long time
now.

--
				Petr Baudis
	If you do not work on an important problem, it's unlikely