[Computer-go] Numenta

Petr Baudis pasky at ucw.cz
Wed Feb 18 02:34:47 PST 2015

  Hi!

On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 12:26:50PM -0800, Michael Alford wrote:
> I thought some of you might be interested in this:
>
>  http://numenta.com/#hero

  Did you mean to link to just the home page?

> Here's a short teaser :)
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RojcnwnEzSQ

  I guess it's not strictly on-topic, but I think I should add that
Numenta is actually a bit controversial in machine learning circles,
at least it was when I last checked it out, since they have a lot of
theory and marketing but not so many results to motivate it...
See e.g.

	http://www.reddit.com/r/MachineLearning/comments/25lnbt/ama_yann_lecun/chisjsc
	http://www.reddit.com/r/MachineLearning/comments/25lnbt/ama_yann_lecun/chj9pwm

--
				Petr Baudis
	If you do not work on an important problem, it's unlikely