[Computer-go] Liberty races in playouts

Hiroshi Yamashita yss at bd.mbn.or.jp
Sun Apr 26 12:38:00 PDT 2015

Hi Detlef,

How does your program understand two strings are in capture race?
I tried the detection 100 playouts later, but it did not work well.
http://computer-go.org/pipermail/computer-go/2013-March/005827.html
It could solve some simple semeai, but maybe there are many exceptions.

Aya's semeai knowlege is if string liberty reduce 2 or 3, then try
 to kill around 2 or 3 liberty string.
It has some special cases, like

 9.XX......    9.XX.O....
 8.OXOOXO..    8.OXXXO...
 7.OXXXO...    7.OXXXO...
 6XOOOXO...    6XOOOXO...
 5.XXXOO...    5.XXXOO...
  ABCDEFGHJ     ABCDEFGHJ

If white(O) play F9(O), Aya think B9(X) string liberty becomes 2
 in both cases.

Regards,
Hiroshi Yamashita