[Computer-go] Arimaa bot notably stronger

Janzert janzert at janzert.com
Thu Apr 23 16:38:39 PDT 2015

For reference here's a much better set of Arimaa ratings using WHR
http://home.scarlet.be/~woh/whr/whrh.htm

Currently:
Rank Player      Rating
1    browni3141  2822.3
4    chessandgo  2499.8
13   harvestsnow 2323.3

Also of note is browni3141 just won the world championship for this year
and chessandgo won the world championship in 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011,
2013 and 2014. So harvestsnow is certainly the weakest human among the
three but by no means weak overall.

This is certainly the strongest group of challenge defenders that had
been used to this point. So while the convincing challenge win came as a
surprise to everyone involved, there was some inkling that the bots were
closing in.

Janzert