[Computer-go] April KGS bot tournament, 13x13

David Doshay ddoshay at mac.com
Wed Apr 1 11:23:23 PDT 2015

I have not competed in the KGS tournaments for many years, but here is my suggestion: now that CGOS is up and running again, set a minimum rating level on CGOS, perhaps something like 1000 or 1200. In that way new programers will be encouraged to use CGOS for primary comparison against existing programs, but they won’t be excluded from the tournaments until they can beat programs that have many many years of development. I can understand setting the level higher for some tournaments, such as the very long time tournaments, but setting the bar at GNU Go seems too high for the standard monthly tournaments.

Cheers,
David G Doshay

ddoshay at mac.com