[Computer-go] codecentric Challenge

"Ingo Althöfer" 3-Hirn-Verlag at gmx.de
Mon Oct 27 04:31:29 PDT 2014

Hi Rémi,

> Thanks Ingo. I enjoyed this match very much.

The same did I.
It was so nice that both you and FJ were so easy-going
during the arrangements.

By the way, it was a lucky coincidence that the event
became real in 2014. In German computer go forum there
was a discussion on the Yoda exhibition games from March
2014, where CrazyStone hadhad a nice H4-win.

FJ also participated, and out of the blue he wrote
"I would be willing to play some match against CS
when someone is willing to sponsor that". For a moment
we discussed crowd funding via the forum, but than I
had an idea which turned out to be better. Raymond-Georg
Snatzke was my assistant at Jena University. He got a
doctor degree for a thesis on Combinatorial Game Theory
applied to the game of Amazons. For several years he is
now with codecentric.
I told Georg about FJ's idea to have a match with sponsor.
Georg asked his boss, and to his surprise the answer
was directly positive.

For me the match is one (little) step on the long march:
to have a bot beating a top human player without handicap
by 2027 (the year of my retirement from University job).

Cheers, Ingo.

PS: It is not an accident that I always write "codecentric"
in small letters, but Challenge with a capital "C".
The official name of the company is with small "c".