[Computer-go] Interviews on codecentric Challenge

Rémi Coulom remi.coulom at free.fr
Sun Oct 5 13:04:27 PDT 2014

Thanks. It was not a laptop, but a big desktop. i7-5930K, 3.5 GHz, 6
cores, 12 threads. I left the university one month ago, so I don't have
access to the 24-core server any more.

Those 6 cores are really fast. About 3.3 k playouts/s on one core,
compared to about 2k playouts/s on one core of the 24-core AMD (only
playout, no tree search). And Hyperthreading is rather efficient. With
tree search, I get about 15.3k playouts per second with 6 threads, and
25.5k playouts per second with 12 threads. All those numbers are from
the empty starting position.

Rémi