[Computer-go] A few questions from a beginner

Mikko Aarnos mikko.aarnos at kolumbus.fi
Wed Mar 19 09:28:43 PDT 2014

Thanks for the info all.

Does a fast open-source program exist which uses only light playouts? If
there would be one I could get some reliable info on the amount of
playouts per second I _should_ be getting. The only open-source I've
found is Pachi and that isn't suitable for that purpose.

I considered the playout method before asking but I rejected it because
I didn't think it was any good at figuring out life/death. Apparently
this is not the case so seems like that's what I'm going to be doing.

Regards,

Mikko Aarnos