[Computer-go] SPAM and CGOS update.

folkert folkert at vanheusden.com
Tue Mar 4 12:44:40 PST 2014

[ cgos.computergo.org being somewhat deserted ]

> I've just added an old version of my bot (old so that it uses very
> few cpu time).

Great!

I think it was not wise to abandon cgos.boardspace.net (the
domain-name). It is also unfortunate that no e-mail address of the
engines playing on it are known (afaik).

There's two (well, 3 really) versions running of my own experiment,
together with "brown" (a random player).

For fun I added monte-carlo to my go-program and even with 7 (seven)
playouts per second it is already winning from the non-monte-carlo
version. Not what I was expecting: I thought this would require tens,
maybe even hundreds of playouts.

> I think there is a problem with ratings, it seems they are not
> updated for some reason.

Confirmed.

> About the time, I see something like that in my dos box :
> 9:20:51    C->S B8
> 9:20:52    S->C play b c8 300000
> 9:20:52    C->E play b c8
> 9:20:52    E->C =
> 9:20:52    S->C genmove w 283437
> 9:20:53    C->E genmove w
> 9:20:54    E->C = C9
> 9:20:54    C->S C9
> 9:20:54    S->C play b pass 300000
> 9:20:54    C->E play b pass
> 9:20:54    E->C =
> 9:20:54    S->C genmove w 282344
> 9:20:54    C->E genmove w
> 9:20:54    E->C = pass
> 9:20:54    C->S pass
> 9:20:54    S->C gameover 2014-03-04 W+88.5
>
> So apparently the time left is really decreasing for my bot, perhaps
> not for the opponent but it is perhaps normal.
> IIRC the server adds some time to the remaining time to handle a bit
> of lag, so if a bot plays very fast the time wont decrease.

That would explain it indeed.

Folkert van Heusden