[Computer-go] Congratulations to Zen!

Hideki Kato hideki_katoh at ybb.ne.jp
Wed Jun 4 13:55:36 PDT 2014

Nick Wedd: <538EE875.2040003 at maproom.co.uk>:
>On 03/06/2014 19:30, "Ingo Althöfer" wrote:

>> Hi Nick,

>> thanks for organising this fantastic event.

>> Question: Did some of the bots use opening book learning?

>I know that Zen did, because Hideki Kato asked my permission

>to change its opening book after round 3.  As for the others,

>you will have to ask their programmers.  I would also be

>interested to know which of them ponder.

No, Zen does no book learning.  The reason I asked that was simple.
Just trying another, 4-4 instead of popular 5-5, opening.

Hideki

>(In
general, entrants may change the state of their program
>during
a tournament, so long as this is not done in response
the state of an ongoing game or to the identity of the
>expected
next opponent.)

>Nick

Ingo.

Von: "Nick Wedd" <nick at maproom.co.uk>

An: computer-go at dvandva.org

Betreff: [Computer-go] Congratulations to Zen!

>>> Congratulations to Zen19S, winner of Sunday's 9x9 KGS bot

tournament!

>>> This was a particularly exciting tournament. My report

is at http://www.weddslist.com/kgs/past/103/index.html

I hope you will send me your comments and point out my

mistakes, as usual.

--

Nick Wedd

nick at maproom.co.uk