[Computer-go] Congratulations to Zen!

Nick Wedd nick at maproom.co.uk
Wed Jun 4 02:35:49 PDT 2014

On 03/06/2014 19:30, "Ingo Althöfer" wrote:
> Hi Nick,
>
> thanks for organising this fantastic event.
>
> Question: Did some of the bots use opening book learning?

I know that Zen did, because Hideki Kato asked my permission
to change its opening book after round 3.  As for the others,
you will have to ask their programmers.  I would also be
interested to know which of them ponder.

(In general, entrants may change the state of their program
during a tournament, so long as this is not done in response
to the state of an ongoing game or to the identity of the
expected next opponent.)

Nick