[Computer-go] IEEE Spectrum article

Aja Huang ajahuang at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 15:48:44 PDT 2014

Hi Martin,

> We certainly didn’t mean to short-change the MoGo team's or anybody else’s
> contribution. For this article there were two main points:
> - try to explain as much as possible how things work in a current program
> - have some kind of dramatic story for the introduction. We chose the
> Fuego game against Mr Chou since we are most familiar with it :)

Thanks for the explanations. I like this article a lot (even shared it in
Facebook), just felt a little bit strange that Mogo is not mentioned at all
while the author described the MCTS revolution and techniques. But I
completely understand your points: yeah the space is too little to cover
other things. It is a great article anyway. Thanks for the write-up.

Aja