[Computer-go] KGS bot tournament, this Sunday

Nick Wedd nick at maproom.co.uk
Thu Jan 30 15:21:27 PST 2014

The February KGS bot tournament will be held this Sunday,
February 12th, starting at 16:00 UTC and ending at 23:00
UTC.  I apologise for the very short notice.

It will have 21 rounds, Swiss, with 9x9 boards. The time
limits will be 9 minutes each plus very fast Canadian
overtime of 10 moves in 30 seconds. The komi will be 7.

Note that the integer komi allows jigo as a possible
result; if your bot fails to understand this, it may
get a jigo where it thought it had a half-point win, or
accept a 1-point loss where it could have had a jigo.

There are details at
   http://www.gokgs.com/tournInfo.jsp?id=874 .

Please register by emailing me, with the words
"KGS Tournament Registration" in the email title, at
maproom at gmail.com .

Nick
--
Nick Wedd