[Computer-go] [O-T] Arimaa

Justin Blank justin.blank at gmail.com
Sat Feb 22 08:12:34 PST 2014

As a player and observer of both (but not someone who has done game programming) it's very hard to say.

The big wildcard for Arimaa is that we don't know how good humans can be, since the game is so unexplored.

However, I think the current breed of Arimaa bots have a slim chance against the current best humans--taking a game against the top three is unlikely (< 10% win rate), but not quite impossible (as opposed to Go, where it seems effectively impossible until the engines gain at least a stone).