[Computer-go] Browsing the game tree?

ja lukasz.lew at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 00:40:18 PST 2014

I keep free in sync with position so when i do play/UNDO in gogui i can
inspect it with sttderr output and visualisation.

On niedziela, 22 grudnia 2013 20:48:02, Petr Baudis <pasky at ucw.cz> wrote:

  Hi!

  I'm wondering how are you investigating your MC game trees?  For
example, I'm interested in why Pachi did not consider move X, in what
branches it _was_ considered and how did the simulations that considered
it end up, what are its RAVE stats, etc.  So far, I have been relying on
debug prints and text dumps of the tree, but they are getting very
inconvenient to use for long thinking times and deep trees.

  My worst case scenario is developing some data format and writing a
few tools for visualization and investigation of game trees, but I'd be
more than happy to find out that something I could use already exists.

  Thanks,

                                Petr "Pasky" Baudis