[Computer-go] Teaching Deep Convolutional Neural Networks to Play Go

Petr Baudis pasky at ucw.cz
Mon Dec 15 04:18:34 PST 2014

  Hi!

On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 08:53:45AM +0900, Hiroshi Yamashita wrote:
> This paper looks very cool.
>
> Teaching Deep Convolutional Neural Networks to Play Go
> http://arxiv.org/pdf/1412.3409v1.pdf
>
> Thier move prediction got 91% winrate against GNU Go and 14%
> against Fuego in 19x19.

  That's awesome!  I was hoping to spend the evenings in the first
quarter of 2015 playing with exactly this, it seems I've been far from
the only one with this idea - but also that the prediction task really
is as easy as I suspected.  :-)

  Thanks a lot for pointing this out.  It's a pity they didn't make
their predictor open source - I don't look forward to implementing
reflectional preservation.

				Petr Baudis