[Computer-go] Aya won December 2014 KGS bot tournament

Nick Wedd nick at maproom.co.uk
Mon Dec 8 08:48:31 PST 2014

On 08/12/2014 13:04, Aja Huang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> https://www.gokgs.com/tournEntrants.jsp?sort=s&id=933
>
> Congratulations to Aya, the winner of December 2014 KGS bot tournament. I
> have some questions.(Sorry, Nick, if you would answer any of them in your
> report but I can't wait anyway)
>
> 1. Looks like Aya has improved significantly in the last year. Hiroshi,
> could you let us know what are the major improvements?
> 2. Was the new, rewritten version of Orego running on the tournament?
> 3. Does anyone have information about HiraBot? Is it a new program? It
> looks very strong, defeating coldmilk and Fuego.

Yes, congratulations to Aya!  I have just uploaded my report (which
says nothing about the actual games) to
http://www.weddslist.com/kgs/past/108/index.html
and will as usual welcome your comments and corrections.

I first heard of HiraBot when it entered this August's KGS bot
tournament. It is the work of Kiyoshi Fukumoto.  That is all I know
about it.

Nick