[Computer-go] Congratulations to Zen!

Erik van der Werf erikvanderwerf at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 12:58:43 PDT 2014

(1) We have pretty good indications that 7.0 is optimal for 9x9. (2)
There is no reason to assume perfect komi to increase with boardsize,
and (3) for 19x19 (with area scoring) quite likely it should be 5.0 or
7.0 (so the slope from 9x9 to 19x19 is probably quite flat).

Computers are still fairly weak on 13x13, so it's not urgent yet, but
if I'd have to make an educated guess I'd say 7.0 is best for 13x13.
Further, if draws are considered undesirable I'd prefer 6.5 over 7.5
because I don't like first player disadvantage.

Erik