[Computer-go] Congratulations to Zen!

Nick Wedd nick at maproom.co.uk
Wed Apr 9 10:57:24 PDT 2014

On 09/04/2014 15:39, Christoph Birk wrote:

> On Apr 9, 2014, at 7:24 AM, "uurtamo ." <uurtamo at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm not sure what you're hoping to measure with that
>>
>> On Apr 9, 2014 7:21 AM, "Christoph Birk" <birk at obs.carnegiescience.edu> wrote:
>>
>> On Apr 9, 2014, at 1:23 AM, Nick Wedd <nick at maproom.co.uk> wrote:
>>> Adding up the results for the last four KGS 13x13 bot tournaments, all played with 7½ komi, I find that Black has won 101, White has won 112.
>>

>> How does this statistic look if you only include games _between_ bots that have more
>> wins than losses?
>
> Nick posted the above statistic (B+101, W+112).  I assume he wanted
> to support his opinion that 7 is the proper komi for 13x13.

No - I wanted to show that we have insufficient evidence to claim that
7.5 is too high.

> It was derived from all games in the tournaments.

It was derived in all games in 13x13 tournaments since April 2013,
when my reports started to include counts of black and white wins,
of the form "Black won 28 games and White won 32".

If anyone wants to go through the results of more KGS 13x13
tournaments, excluding games involving whatever they consider to be
"weaker programs", and report on what they find, I will be interested.
I suggest they use the links at
http://www.weddslist.com/kgs/past/index.html ,
and that they start on or after June 2010, when I started to include
cross-tables in my reports.

Nick

I think that games