[Computer-go] Congratulations to Zen!

Stefan Kaitschick stefan.kaitschick at hamburg.de
Mon Apr 7 22:45:06 PDT 2014

Yes, thanks. Far better than what the UEC cup has to offer for results.

In the game Zen lost, n10 was just as big as c6, while also removing the ko.
But Zen was about 2.5 behind, so it didn't care.

With the hair-raising tenukis, bots are turning the 13*13 games into
bloody battles ,reminiscent of their awesome 9*9 games. But it doesn't
quite carry the same conviction yet.
Looking at the results, I'm wondering if the komi has to be changed to
integer 7, like in the 9*9 games.
If that were true, that would certainly be an indicator of high quality.

Stefan