[Computer-go] checking out

Don Dailey dailey.don at gmail.com
Sun Sep 29 05:49:26 PDT 2013

I've had some great fun with computer go but I'm stepping out of it now due
to health problems and in order to focus on more important things if/while
I still have a little time.

Joshua Shriver is taking over CGOS duties,  and is getting a new cgos
server up and running - and I will give him temporary support  if/when I
can if needed,  but he is a pretty capable system administrator so it
should go relatively smoothly.

If I can I'll check in from time to time.   Right now I'm focusing on
computer chess and hoping to have the strongest program in the world -
Komodo is very close and it's a fight for the top 3.

I had dreams of competing also for the strongest go engine but there are
only so many hours in a day and so much energy to go around - and I am much
more handicapped (no pun intended) in GO as my knowledge of the game is
beginner level but in chess I'm a relatively competent tournament player -
or at least I used to be.    So chess was a better fit for me.

I'll update the archives.   We may want to store the games elsewhere as I
don't know if Dave is willing to store this data on his server - it's a lot
of data.

Don