[Computer-go] MCTS on Wikipedia

"Ingo Althöfer" 3-Hirn-Verlag at gmx.de
Sun Sep 15 09:03:02 PDT 2013

> ... Marcin Ciura (of Lajkonik / Havannah fame) just produced
> quite nice MCTS page on wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monte-Carlo_Tree_Search

Thanks to Marcin for starting the page, and to Lukasz for informing us!

I have included a section on the "primitve" pure Monte Carlo Game
Search which only makes k random playouts for each feasible move
and then selects the one with the best score.
This pure version give strong play in several games with random
elements, for instance "EinStein wurfelt nicht!" (strong MC bots for
"EinStein" were around already in March 2005), and provably converges
to perfect play for board filling games with random turn order.

Ingo.

PS. Sorry for this mode of answering. My email provider (gmx) is
blocking all mails from the news group.