[Computer-go] September KGS bot tournament: 19x19, slow

David Fotland fotland at smart-games.com
Mon Sep 2 12:15:59 PDT 2013

It's not easy to code an engine that scales well to a cluster.  In 2008 I
ahd access to 1024 cores, but the cluster code I wrote at the time only
scaled to 32 cores (4 machines, 8 cores each).  That code no longer exists,
and I have access to a single 16-core machine, so I can't currently run on
clusters.  With limited development time, I'd rather work on making the core
algorithm stronger, than writing cluster code.

I think it would interesting to have a slow tournament with a fixed maximum
number of cores (4 or 8, since they are readily available).

David