[Computer-go] September KGS bot tournament: 19x19, slow

Nick Wedd nick at maproom.co.uk
Sun Sep 1 12:00:48 PDT 2013

The September KGS bot tournament will start at 22:00 UTC on Sunday
September 8th, and end by 22:00 UTC on Tuesday August 10th.

It will have 6 rounds, Swiss, with 19x19 boards.  The time limits
will be three hours each, sudden death. The komi will be 7.5. There
are details at http://www.gokgs.com/tournInfo.jsp?id=835 .

Please register by emailing me, with the words
"KGS Tournament Registration" in the email title, at
maproom at gmail.com .

This may be the last "slow" tournament, with time limits of over an
hour each, that I run. Now that cloud computing is easily available,
I believe that there is little purpose in setting such slow time
limits. If you want to see how a bot does given a lot of thinking
time, it makes more sense to hire multiple processors than to let
it run for a long time. (If you think I am wrong, you can probably
convince me of it.)

Nick
--
Nick Wedd