[Computer-go] Measuring program strength

Petr Baudis pasky at ucw.cz
Sun Sep 1 04:36:50 PDT 2013

  Hi!

On Sun, Sep 01, 2013 at 11:18:57AM +0200, Detlef Schmicker wrote:
> As I do not like using self play, I think of running 7 instances on KGS
> with 10000 playouts per move for CLOP. This should lead to even more
> games per hour, as the humens are doing the opponent move and not using
> my CPU time:)
>
> Comments?

  I think automated tuning against humans is still unexplored, perhaps
except some experiments of Hideki-san, I'm not sure. I'd be interested
to hear your experiences if you try this - I'd be worried about great
amount of noise due to the strength variation of human opponents;
besides different strenght/weakness mixes, you will not be playing just
1d humans all the time.

				Petr "Pasky" Baudis