[Computer-go] Measuring program strength

Detlef Schmicker ds2 at physik.de
Sun Sep 1 02:18:57 PDT 2013

Hi,

thanks for the detailed reply. I have simelar experience, but I will
recheck your numbers with oakfoam. They were against gnugo level 10?

If I have to use much higher number of playouts (around 10000) I have
about 2 sec/move. This makes optimizing using CLOP slow of cause.

As I do not like using self play, I think of running 7 instances on KGS
with 10000 playouts per move for CLOP. This should lead to even more
games per hour, as the humens are doing the opponent move and not using
my CPU time:)

Comments?

Detlef