[Computer-go] Playouts vs playingstrength

Detlef Schmicker ds2 at physik.de
Wed Nov 20 07:53:35 PST 2013

Am Mittwoch, den 20.11.2013, 09:46 +0000 schrieb Nick Wedd:
> On 20/11/2013 06:45, Detlef Schmicker wrote:
> > After turning off pondering in pachi the plot looks much more sensible:
> >
> > http://physik.de/playouts.pdf
>
> What is the relationship between "ELO" as shown on the graph, and Go
> rating, in AGA or EGF terms?

I used the same relation between ELO and winrate as on CGOS

winrate=1/(1+10^(-ELO/400))

The reason why I did not plot winrate and why I plotted log(playouts,10)
is, that this seemed to be more or less linear.

The graph is made from 550 games with random number of playouts (exactly
spoken log(playouts) is equal distributed).

Than I fitted a 5th order polynom (least square)...

Detlef