[Computer-go] Playouts vs playingstrength

Rémi Coulom Remi.Coulom at free.fr
Wed Nov 20 03:57:02 PST 2013

100 pts/rank is really very wrong. I don’t have data here, but I remember when I ran WHR experiments on KGS data, it was very clear that Elo points / rank increases a lot with rank. At the strength of Crazy Stone (KGS 5d), a rank is worth much more than 200 Elo points. For beginners, it may be somewhere around 50 Elo points.

Elo points/handicap stone probably approaches infinity when getting close to optimal play.

Rémi