[Computer-go] Playouts vs playingstrength

Erik van der Werf erikvanderwerf at gmail.com
Sun Nov 17 06:11:22 PST 2013

Ah ok, I have little experience testing against Pachi, but obviously
your scaling doesn't look good. Perhaps a bug or some fundamental
knowledge that is lacking. I'd say, try to also get some data at 10^5
and make sure Pachi isn't doing any kind of pondering in the
background.

I remember some years ago I had some cases where tuning with very low
numbers of simulations seemed to hurt scaling performance. Don't
remember all the details, but obviously if you always only run a few
hundred simulation per move some aspects will not be tested well.

BR,
Erik