[Computer-go] How many probes down the tree are necessary for a "good" bot?

Aja Huang ajahuang at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 04:23:00 PST 2013

2013/11/15 Hiroshi Yamashita <yss at bd.mbn.or.jp>

> I agree with you.
>
> .OO.
> OXXO     snap back
> XO.O
> .XO.
>
> For example, Aya often took one "O" stone before. It is useless.
> I added the feature "Take snap back when there is no ko", its gamma
> was 0.009, very low. After that, this move is rarely selected in tree.

Interesting. In Erica I just completely forbid the capture in playouts. In
some cases it's not only about ko but also related to life-and-death. what
if the two B stones are the only eye of the surrounding W group? After the
capture W will be able to make two eyes and live. In this case, the capture
is not a ko threat.

Aja