[Computer-go] How many probes down the tree are necessary for a"good" bot?

Dusty Leary dleary at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 16:19:38 PST 2013

Maybe I am misunderstanding terminology.

You say Aya "maybe 300 heavy playouts will get 5k".  Do you mean 300k
playouts?  Or perhaps mean 300 playouts examined per valid move?

I am new to computer go, but I was under the impression that "# of
playouts" meant total number of playouts from the starting board position.
 300 wouldn't even examine every legal move in the early game?