[Computer-go] Monte-carlo simulations vs. MCMC

Josef Moudrik j.moudrik at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 03:58:19 PDT 2013

I believe that the "markov-chain" corresponds to the random playouts -
each such playout is a chain of markov events - next position of board
depends on the current position, not on the path that led to this
position (maybe should regard number of captives along the
configuration of the stones as a current "position"). The goal of
course is to estimate the distribution of "win" probabilities for each
possible move, and choose the best.