[Computer-go] Hardware pattern matching acceleration

terry mcintyre terrymcintyre at yahoo.com
Wed May 29 16:33:25 PDT 2013

"Play to your strengths."

It is useful to know where existing algorithms spend most of their time, but if you're using hardware acceleration - whether via FPGA or ASIC or some other method - you'll have strengths which are different than those of a standard X86 general-purpose computer. You might solve the problem of "finding a good move" in a different way which uses the strengths of the new hardware.

Terry McIntyre <terrymcintyre at yahoo.com>

Unix/Linux Systems Administration
Taking time to do it right saves having to do it twice.