[Computer-go] Some CrazyAnalysis of Zen game

"Ingo Althöfer" 3-Hirn-Verlag at gmx.de
Wed Mar 20 12:14:21 PDT 2013

Thanks Petr, for the comments.

> Zen has lost after fighting hard
> and ending with a large white group in its moyo that had miai
> for life that Zen's simulations likely didn't understand; if they did,
> it seemed like black had some advantage and would have good chances.

I looked through Zen's game with the analysis tool of CrazyStone.
Looking at the histograms (how many random playouts won at which margin)
I found some interesting structures:

* At move 110 it looked like normally distributed.
* At move 120 the development of a "right" shoulder started.
* After 147 for the first time a side maximum occured (around score +79.5)
* In the final position, after move 221, crazy shadows were
fully developed.

It seems that the mailing list does not allowed png attachments.
Therefore you have to go to
http://www.dgob.de/yabbse/index.php?topic=4956.0
to see diagrams from CrazyAnalysis.

Question to stronger go players: Where do you think started
Zen's problems?

Cheers, Ingo.

http://www.althofer.de/crazy-shadows.html