[Computer-go] algorithm quality assessment

Oleg Barmin j2ee_designer at mail.ru
Thu Jun 13 00:46:58 PDT 2013

 Sorry guys. I sent an old rules version for a chinese poker but not open chinese poker. The difference between them is very major. My fault. the correct rules are  http://pokerstakes.com/articles/chinese-poker-rules-strategy
Sorry once again.

*  A video example of a game with two participants:
*  http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DlE08WkkBic
*  Another video explaining the rules of the game:
*  http://www.cardplayer.com/cptv/channels/3-strategy/poker-videos/4917-poker-strategy-how-to-play-open-faced-chinese-poker
Четверг, 13 июня 2013, 9:32 +02:00 от Stefan Kaitschick <stefan.kaitschick at hamburg.de>:
>On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 12:08 AM, Don Dailey < dailey.don at gmail.com > wrote:
>> I don't quite see the point. The goal is to find the best possible hand
>> YOU can make with your 13 cards and there is no betting, so I see no point
>> in using Monte Carlo here.
>>
>> What am I missing?
>>
>> Is it whether to sacrifice one of the 3 hands to strengthen the other 2? Or
>> in the case of a really bad hand to at least make 1 really strong hand?
>>
>> Don
>
>The problem must be modeling the possible hand constellations and
>strategies of the opponent(s).
>So you would probably let the bot deal the remaining 39 cards many times.
>
>Stefan

Best regards,
Oleg Barmin.