[Computer-go] algorithm quality assessment

Oleg Barmin j2ee_designer at mail.ru
Wed Jun 12 08:02:04 PDT 2013

Hi, everybody,
I am working at the development of a cards game algorithm using MCTS. Technically, the game model is expect minmax tree search, where direct search takes up too much time, that is why I decided to use MCTS.
The issue of using MCST, like any other approximation algorithm is its quality assessment. I am developing an algorithm for a game where no recognized masters exist. How do you think, guys, if for instance Go (or Amazons) provided no way to assess an algorithm playing with professional gamers (or other programs), how would you assets its quality?
My second question: I have not yet learned Go in and out, however in my opinion, any search of a next step should identify a number of options with similar or even the same assessment. How  do  you  resolve  this  issue ?
Best regards,
Oleg Barmin.