[Computer-go] Narrow wins

Stefan Kaitschick stefan.kaitschick at hamburg.de
Tue Jun 11 00:57:18 PDT 2013

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 8:48 AM, David Fotland <fotland at smart-games.com> wrote:
> Sorry, secret.  It took me quite a while to find something that worked well.
> I think you are right that most of the benefit comes from keeping the win
> rate close to 50%.

Keeping the winrate near 50% sounds reasonable. But scoring correctly
in the endgame, without adding a fantasy komi also sounds reasonable.
The two approaches seem almost antithetical. The later is looking at
the mountain peak, so as not to lose sight of the goal, the former is
looking at your feet, so as not to stumble.