[Computer-go] Narrow wins

Stefan Kaitschick stefan.kaitschick at hamburg.de
Mon Jun 10 01:24:28 PDT 2013

On Sun, Jun 9, 2013 at 9:23 PM, David Fotland <fotland at smart-games.com> wrote:
> Dynamic komi and some other tricks work quite well.  Thanks to Ingo for
> pushing dynamic komi until I figured out how to make it work well.  Often
> the playout have some bias due to a misread in a fight, so it’s important
> for the bot to keep its lead.

Is that a small, fixed bonus of 1 or 2 points?
A large dynamic komi in the endgame would really surprise me.
But to actually compensate a misread fight, that komi would have to be
substantial ...
Like Don, I don't think that much good could come of it.
Isn't it superior to award a point bonus in the playouts?
Here's another idea: find a smart way to average the playout results
into an expected result.
If the bot is leading, try to maintain that lead in the next move.

Stefan