[Computer-go] Question on 0.5-wins

"Ingo Althöfer" 3-Hirn-Verlag at gmx.de
Mon Jun 3 02:08:53 PDT 2013

Hello Petr, hello all,

> > make me believe that wins by small margins happen often also
> > for MC-bots against each other.
>
>   The MCTS in Go may win by an 0.5 margin because the human continues
> to play mostly calmly, catching up gradually.

Right.

> However, an MCTS opponent
> definitely does not like to *lose* by an 0.5 margin - it will force
> itself to resign ...

This "early" resignation is a feature introduced by programmers.
Without it, the bot will play on and on.

My original question was meant for non-resigning bots. The observation:
Also a losing bot starts to play lazy towards the end. And the question is:

To which results do laziness of the winning bot AND laziness
of the losing bot together lead typically?

Ingo.