[Computer-go] Results of past Human/Computer Go challenges

Hideki Kato hideki_katoh at ybb.ne.jp
Thu Jul 18 14:29:58 PDT 2013

Nick,

Nick Wedd: <51E84AE4.3050204 at maproom.co.uk>:
>I maintain a list of Human/Computer Go challenges at
>http://www.computer-go.info/h-c/index.html, listing them with
>their results.
>
>For four of the five most recent such challenges, I have failed
>to find any results. These are
>
>November 26th  Games played probably on KGS, by MoGoTW

I have no idea.  Perhaps, Olivier knows?

>May 6th        A game played by "Takuto Ooomote" against Zen, at
>                the 27th Annual Conference of The Japanese Society
>                for Artificial Intelligence. (I find the spelling
>                "Ooomote" suspicious.)

The date is wrong.  The event was held on 5th June.
I've already post the result on this list (Message-Id:
<51afdc00.4850%hideki_katoh at ybb.ne.jp>) on "Thu, 06 Jun 2013 09:47:04
+0900".  You can find more, especially in English, by Googling "Takuto
Ooomote Zen", though.

Ooomote is correct, btw, like Oookayama where Tokyo Institute of
Technology is.  Leading double "o" means "big" in Japanese (works like a
prefix) and so, when the body starts with "o" you find triple "o" :).
Read something like "Oh-omote".

>July 9th       Games between "Jirong" and other strong players,
>                and Coldmilk, Many Faces of Go, MogoTW and Zen
>                played on KGS
>
>July 7th-10th  Games between Ping-Chiang Chou 5p, Shi-Jim Yen 6d
>                and Ching-Nung Lin 6d, and Coldmilk, Many Faces of
>                Go, MogoTW and Zen, played as part of "FuzzIEEE2013".
>
>It is possible that the last two events were in fact the same.

Yes, they are the same event.

Announce in FUZZ-IEEE 2013 official site:
http://www.isical.ac.in/~fuzzieee2013/?q=node/26,
Actual site: http://oase.nutn.edu.tw/FUZZIEEE2013/,
Schedule: http://oase.nutn.edu.tw/FUZZIEEE2013/schedule_day1.htm,
Results: http://oase.nutn.edu.tw/FUZZIEEE2013/result.htm,