[Computer-go] Recursive Neural Networks

Brian Sheppard sheppardco at aol.com
Wed Jan 23 12:00:42 PST 2013

The results that they are reporting don't seem state of the art at all.
E.g., they report that the top-ranked move from their neural net has a 10%
chance of matching a pro move on a 19x19 board.

My impression is that you can get better prediction accuracy just by using
the distance to the last opponent's move.

And if you use a large-scale pattern approach (e.g., Remi's work), then you
can predict over 40% and maybe up to 50% of pro moves.

Am I remembering this correctly?