[Computer-go] Recursive Neural Networks

Brian Sheppard sheppardco at aol.com
Wed Jan 23 11:47:49 PST 2013

The file is freely available from
www.igb.uci.edu/~pfbaldi/download/download.inc.php?pid=203

-----Original Message-----
From: computer-go-bounces at dvandva.org
[mailto:computer-go-bounces at dvandva.org] On Behalf Of Mark Boon
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 2:37 PM
To: computer-go at dvandva.org
Subject: [Computer-go] Recursive Neural Networks

OK, this is a bit of a cheapskate question.

For a project I'm currently working on I'm considering looking into
recursive neural networks. I bumped into the following article describing a
project that used them to make a Go playing program:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18420381

I figure that even though I'm not going to use it for Go, being familiar
with computer Go may make it easier for me to understand. But it costs
$31.50 to download the article. I'm balking at the cost because a) I think
these type of articles should actually be free to access and b) I've always
been very skeptical this type of approach would work for Go so it may
actually be a completely useless article at that.

So I was wondering if anyone was aware of the article and could tell me
whether it's worth even a buck, let alone thirty-one of them, to download
it.

Mark