[Computer-go] Recursive Neural Networks

Mark Boon tesujisoftware at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 11:36:43 PST 2013

OK, this is a bit of a cheapskate question.

For a project I'm currently working on I'm considering looking into
recursive neural networks. I bumped into the following article
describing a project that used them to make a Go playing program:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18420381

I figure that even though I'm not going to use it for Go, being
familiar with computer Go may make it easier for me to understand. But
it costs $31.50 to download the article. I'm balking at the cost
because a) I think these type of articles should actually be free to
access and b) I've always been very skeptical this type of approach
would work for Go so it may actually be a completely useless article
at that.

So I was wondering if anyone was aware of the article and could tell
me whether it's worth even a buck, let alone thirty-one of them, to
download it.

Mark