[Computer-go] Should playout patterns be gathered from high-dan games only?

Lars Schäfers slars at upb.de
Thu Jan 17 01:07:21 PST 2013

Hi Alexander,

for the reasons you mentioned I trained my pattern system on games
between weaker and stronger players some years back. That was for 9x9
board size where I used game records from cgos where both players had a
strength of at least 1700 Elo and at least one player was stronger than
2400 Elo. Obviously you should only learn the moves of the players that
are stronger than 2400 ELO here..

I got some significant improvements of it that time, although I can't
provide numbers today. I didn't made comparable experiments for larger
board sizes.

- Lars