[Computer-go] Japanese rules in KGS tournaments

ds ds2 at physik.de
Sat Feb 23 12:03:11 PST 2013

Sorry for the noise, I did not realize kgs has the command

kgs-rules — Optional

If your engine supports this command, it will be sent each time a game
starts. It has one parameter, which is the rules of the game; one
of japanese, chinese, aga, or new_zealand. The response to this command
is ignored. In the future, this command may be extended by adding more
parameters, so please code your engine to treat "kgs-rules japanese" and
"kgs-rules japanese blah blah blah" as equivalent.

Detlef