[Computer-go] Japanese rules in KGS tournaments

Petr Baudis pasky at ucw.cz
Sat Feb 23 10:48:41 PST 2013

On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 07:37:35PM +0100, Erik van der Werf wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 5:18 AM, Martin Mueller <mmueller at ualberta.ca> wrote:
> > Do people consider this a solved problem?
>
> I do.
>
> BTW I think it would be nice to have some kgs tournaments with
> Japanese rules; good for testing, and it might even make 9x9 a bit
> more interesting...

I second that idea. Having tournaments with Chinese rules by default
is friendly to Computer Go beginners, but having a Japanese rules
tournament once in a while would be nice to help weed out any bugs
(and assess how often some corner cases actually happen :-), especially
considering that some important non-KGS tournaments have Japanese rules.

--
				Petr "Pasky" Baudis
	For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear,