[Computer-go] Supporting Japanese rules

David Fotland fotland at smart-games.com
Thu Feb 21 22:08:35 PST 2013

I'm happy with Many Faces' solution, but it is not quite perfect.  I just
add a point for every pass made during the playouts.

	score = komi + b->stones[1] + b->terr[1] - b->stones[0] -
b->terr[0];
	if (rules == JAPANESE)
		score += b->passcount[1] - b->passcount[0];
	if (handicap && rules != GOE) {
		score += handicap;	/* white compensation for the
handicaps */
	}

David